Mobile AFL Betting Australia
Australian Rules football, or AFL, is one of the most popular competitive team sports in Australia. It is a high energy, action packed game that most Australian’s are passionate about. Every year, millions of Australians are glued to their television set for each and every game. AFL has a long and rich history, for almost as long as the sport has been in existence, people have been betting on the outcome. Today online and mobile AFL betting has grown to be one of the biggest betting markets in Australia with millions of dollars’ worth of bets being made on each game. With eight games played each week in the AFL season, online punters certainly have a lot of opportunities to get in on the AFL betting odds action.
Types of Mobile AFL Betting Odds
One of the key aspects of mobile AFL betting is having a basic understanding the various types of AFL bets that can be placed. For the novice punter, there are six main betting types, these are explained below:
- Head to head betting – Head to head bets are probably the most common bets and the easiest for a novice to place. This is where a punter chooses which team will win the game and which team will lose.
- Margin betting – Margin betting is slightly more complicated. In this type of betting a punter can bet on whether a team will win under or over a certain margin, commonly 39.5 points. A punter should have more experience with AFL matches before placing a margin bet.
- Future betting – In mobile AFL betting, a punter can make a bet before the season on who he thinks will win the season trophy; as well as who will win the Brownlow Medal, NAB Rising Star, Coleman Medal and the Team Best and Fairest awards.
- Line betting – If the bookmaker feels there is an unfair matchup, they will place a line bet on a team. This is basically a form of handicapping where one team will have a point difference added to their score for betting purposes.
- Exotic bets – These are bets that bookmakers place to make a game more interesting. Some of the most common exotic bets include: Which player will score the first goal, which team will score first, the total score in the first quarter, the score at half time and exact winning margin.
Where to Start Mobile AFL Betting
One of the most important things to know about AFL betting odds is that a game can change at any moment. For the best chance at picking a winning team, a punter should know the match history of team he is backing. Importance should be place on who the current coach is, as well as how the team performed in previous seasons. Other things to consider are injuries, current form and home ground advantage. If you are looking for the best mobile AFL betting sites, look no further. For your convenience we have rated and listed Australia’s fines mobile sports betting sites right here. All you have to do is click on any of the bookmakers that we recommend to get your sports betting experience off to a great start.