Mobile Caulfield Cup Betting
When it comes to online and mobile sports betting, thoroughbred horse racing is considered to be one of Australia’s biggest betting markets. The high energy and drama of thoroughbred horse racing makes it the ideal betting market for any sports punter. A major Australian horse race can attract millions of punters from all around the world creating a Caulfield Cup betting frenzy. In Australia the Caulfield Cup is probably the biggest and richest thoroughbred horse race in the country. Worth a whopping 3000 000 AUD in prize money, the race is run over a distance of 2400 meters for horses aged three years old and upwards. The race is held annually in October on the third day and final day of the MRC Spring Carnival.
About the Caulfield Cup
Each year hundreds of horses complete for a place in the Caulfield Cup field. The race is restricted to a field of 18 runners plus a further four emergencies and is made up of both Australian and international runners. Horses from overseas nations have been competing in the Cup since 1998. Many of the overseas horses that travel to Australia for the Cup are also being aimed at a Melbourne Cup run on the first Tuesday of November. The Caulfield cup is one of the races that grants a horse direct entry into the Melbourne Cup field if they win. Also, due to the race’s high class field of runners and difficult conditions, the race is often used as an indicator of each runner’s likely performance in the Cox Plate and the Melbourne Cup.
Caulfield Cup Betting Types
In the Caulfield Cup, as with most horse racing betting, punters can choose from a wide variety of online bets. For the novice punter, the easiest bet is to pick the winner of the race. For the more experience horse punter, there are a number multi and exotic bets to please any sports punter. Examples of the types of Caulfield Cup betting that can be placed online are shown below:
- A straight Win – This is where punters bet on a particular horse to win the race
- Place –This is betting on a horse to finish in the money, meaning finishing 2nd or 3rd place, or even 4th place
- Each way – This is a combination of a win and place bet
- Doubles – Betting on two separate races for the win where you have to be successful in both in order to cash in on your bet
- Trebles – Similar to doubles but instead of two races you have to pick the winner in all three
- Parlay – Also known as all ups or accumulators, these bets require the punter to be successful in picking winners in a series of races
- Quinella – Pick two horses to win and place second, regardless of the order in which both come in
- Exacta – The same as a quinella where you pick the winner and second place but you have to get them in their precise order
- Trifecta – Picking the winner, second and third place finishers all in their correct order
What to Know Before you Bet
As with any race, Caulfield Cup betting requires detailed knowledge about the horses, the jockeys, the trainers and the track long before race day. Any good punter will know the history of the horse he is betting on as well as the physical condition of each competitor. If you are an avid horse punter and want to get in on the action, you are in luck; you can find all the best mobile Australian sports betting sites right here.