Mobile Melbourne Cup Betting 2017
If you are a seasoned sports punter, you will know that thoroughbred horseracing is one of the biggest betting markets in Australia today. Most sports fans love the action, drama and abundance of betting opportunities that a major horse race has to offer. For Australians, one of the biggest horse racing events of the year is undoubtable the Melbourne Cup. Marketed as “The race that stops the nation” the Melbourne Cup is a prestigious thoroughbred horserace that takes place at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on the first Tuesday of November ever year.
For those who are new to the world of horse racing, the Melbourne Cup is a quality handicap for horses 3 years old and over and is run over a distance of 3,200 metres. It is the richest “two-mile” handicap in the world and is also one of the richest turf races. Locally it is one of the biggest horse racing events in Australia and is televised live to an audience of about 650 million people worldwide. At the races, people dress up, with many women wearing their best or most colourful hats and dresses, with some participating in fashion parades on the field
Melbourne Cup Mobile Betting Apps
There are three basic types of horseracing bets a punter can make at the Melbourne cup, namely straight bets, multi bets and exotic bets. For those who are new to horse betting, straight bets are the easiest to understand and to punt. Some examples of straight bets include:
- A straight Win – This means betting on a particular horse to win the race
- Place –This is betting on a horse to finish in the money, meaning finishing 2nd or 3rd place, sometimes up to 5th place.
- Each way – This is a combination of a win and place bet
Melbourne Cup Betting Online 2017
In addition to straight bets, more experienced punters can try their luck with multi bets and exotic bets. These are more complicated bets but they can increase excitement and value of the Melbourne Cup with every one bet. Examples of multi bets include:
- Doubles – Betting on two separate races for the win where you have to be successful in both in order to cash in on your bet
- Trebles – Similar to doubles but instead of two races you have to pick the winner in all three
- Parlay – Also known as all ups or accumulators, these bets require the punter to be successful in picking winners in a series of races
Examples of exotic bets include:
- Quinella – Pick two horses to win and place second, regardless of the order in which both come in
- Exacta – The same as a quinella where you pick the winner and second place but you have to get them in their precise order
- Trifecta – Picking the winner, second and third place finishers all in their correct order
- First four – Picking the first four horses to finish in the money
Mobile Betting Melbourne Cup
For the novice punter, probably the best way to start the Melbourne Cup betting is by placing a straight win bet. If you are an avid horse punter you will know that horse betting is a combination of luck and a keen understanding of the history and physical capabilities of each of the horses in the race. If you are looking for the ideal mobile horse betting site, then look no further. You can find links to Australia’s top mobile sports betting sites right here.