Mobile NBA Betting Australia
In today’s modern world, most Australian sports fans have heard of the NBA. For those who unfamiliar with the NBA, the National Basketball Association or NBA is the biggest and most prestigious basketball league in the world. Comprised of mainly American teams, the NBA attracts sports fans from all around the world. In Australia, online and mobile NBA sports betting has become increasingly popular and can be considered to be one of the country’s top betting markets. With every game being broadcast or streamed live, Australian punters can place an NBA bet and sit back and enjoy the action form half a world away.
About the NBA
For the Australian punter just getting into NBA betting, it is important to note that the NBA season runs from October to mid-April and is made up of 30 basketball teams. There are two major NBA events where betting is at its highest; these are the NBA All-star game and the NBA Championship. All-Star games made up of the Eastern Conference All Stars and the Western Conference All Stars. The NBA Championship is the final series between the two best teams in the NBA. This is a seven game series and bets can be placed on the series as a whole or each individual game.
Types of Mobile NBA Betting
One of the advantages of mobile NBA betting is that betting can be a simple or as complex as you with to make it. In Basketball, there are a large number of bets that can be placed on any game. Some of the most commonly placed bets are shown below:
- Straight win – This is a simple bet on who a punter thinks will win the game.
- Over/ Under bets – In Over/Under bets bookmakers set a total number of points to be scored between the two teams combined, and bettors can bet whether the actual amount of points scored will be over or under the set total.
- Line betting – Line betting is essentially margin betting. Here the bookmaker chooses the favourite in a game and then offers a ‘line’, that the favourites are predicted to win by. The bettor can then bet on whether the underdog will finish within that margin or win the game.
- Future bets – in NBA betting, at the beginning of the season, punters can bet on which team will win the series, which player will win the Most Valuable Player award, who will score the most points as well as many other individual and team awards.
- Prop bets – These are more interesting bets that can be placed on any game such as, which team will score first or how many points and rebounds and individual player will make.
What to Know Before You Bet
Before placing any sizable bet, there are a few things a punter should know about NBA betting. Firstly a punter should be familiar with the history of each team. Attention should be paid to recent performance statistics as well as historical data between the two opposing teams. A punter should also take note of any injures a team may have or if a team is currently on form or playing on home ground. If you are ready to start betting, you can find the best Australian mobile sports betting sites all listed right here.